A New York Liberty Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Nickname Day – Jessica Davenport

Jessica Davenport

Oh yeah. I know, I know. Some of you out there aren’t “thrilled” with her performance, especially on defense. However, like me, she’s a newcomer to the Libs, and I think she plays good ball.

Older Joke Candidate: She’s a great ball-handler.

However, even if this weren’t the case, she deserves a nickname simply for being on the Liberty. Davenport… a university, a town in Iowa, an Investment Firm… not much to go on. However, she does spend a lot of time getting in people’s way. Ah, yes.

Jessica “The Middle-Man” Davenport

Why? Because no one wants to go through her. I would call her the Middle-Woman/Person, but it doesn’t have that ring to it. So, unfortunately, I guess I’m going to have to be sexist in this labeling.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I gotta ask this, because I think this is the second time it's happened- when you use Jess's Ohio State shots, do you purposely pick ones where Janel is defending her? 'cause that's kinda awesome.

The Writer said...

I hadn't noticed the first time, but the second time I did. I thought that was Janel, but the posting of the original photo made it a bit unclear. To be fair, there aren't a huge amount of photos for Davenport out there, and I have to take what I can get. It's a decent photo, and I get two Libs for the price of one.

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter