A New York Liberty Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

PERFORMANCE DAY - Mamet

In the tradition of David Mamet, I give you this short sketch. Sorry if you don’t get the joke, and for Mamet fans out there wishing for a more Glengarry Glen Ross-style sketch, just include “fuck” wherever possible. Regular post to follow in an hour or so...


A LIFE IN THE WNBA

SETTING: The New York Liberty Locker-room.

(The rest of the team is filing out. SHAMEKA CHRISTON, in uniform, sits while TERESA WEATHERSPOON, in a suit, stands.)

WEATHERSPOON: Another year…

CHRISTON: Yup. Another one.

WEATHERSPOON: You think it’ll last?

CHRISTON: I hope so.

WEATHERSPOON: You hope so?

CHRISTON: I know so.

WEATHERSPOON: You know so?

CHRISTON: “What?”

WEATHERSPOON: I’m just trying-

CHRISTON: You’re just trying to “what”?

WEATHERSPOON: Look, you know me.

CHRISTON: Yes.

WEATHERSPOON: And so-

CHRISTON: I might be the only one.

WEATHERSPOON: Excuse me?

CHRISTON: Come on.

WEATHERSPOON: Ten thousand fans-

CHRISTON: Fans?

WEATHERSPOON: You know what I’m saying.

CHRISTON: Then say it.

WEATHERSPOON: I will.

CHRISTON: Good.

Pause.

CHRISTON: You don’t got it anymore.

WEATHERSPOON: I got it.

CHRISTON: It, huh?

WEATHERSPOON: I’ve forgot more about it than you ever learned.

CHRISTON: You don’t learn it.

WEATHERSPOON: Then…

CHRISTON: It just comes.

WEATHERSPOON: You’ll see.

CHRISTON: I’ll see?

WEATHERSPOON: You’ll see.

GAME BUZZER.

WEATHERSPOON: That’s the game.

CHRISTON: It’s just started.

She Exits.

No comments:

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter