A New York Liberty Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Nickname - Martina Weber

Martina Weber

I was kinda looking forward to this, and kinda not. I put it off for a while in case I could think of any solid name, but nothing came to me. Really, Martina doesn't need any nickname.

Except perhaps "Ms. Awesome".

But, I don't want her to feel left out from the rest of the team. I mean, Thor, Dutch, Bruce, Marvel, Marlowe, Bowser, Muffin, Princess Peach, Saint Patty, the Beatle, and Barbara Ann all got nicknames, so why shouldn't Weber?

I'll keep it PG-13. I swear.

Martina's beginning to play, however, and not a moment too soon. The season is about to go down the tube we need a strong, German-bred, Iona-raised fire Goddess to jump-start the Libs for our final seven games.

Martina Weber = The Playmaker

She's gonna rock, just you wait. She'll hit like a ton of bricks and suddenly, everybody will be wondering where The Playmaker was all year.

She was running through my mind, that's where!

Take it to 'em, Ms. Weber... er, Playmaker. Make some plays and rock your enemies until they beg for mercy.

Sweet, sweet mercy.

No comments:

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter