A New York Liberty Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Woden's Day Update

Wedne is pissed that his day pronounced "WENDS-day". That's what happens when your religion dies out.


The day is short, and so is Liberty news. Up first, if you haven't seen it already, is the collection of clips that the Libs' site has. Staying on the site, you can find a game recap of the USA's victory ove CSKA Moscow. Notice anyone familiar in the photo? With Marvel leading the way, the US is going to the FIBA semi-finals. Huzzah!

Something involving Shameka Christon scoring 25 points... look, my spanish is about as good as my Klingon. I can kinda read it (thanks, Latin!) but... I don't want to make a fool out of myself. She had a good game. If anybody wants to help me out, get back to me.

Forgot to put this up back when... oh well. Here it is now. It's a recap on the Liberty's all-time draft choices. Can't say that I'm all that impressed with the picks, but then again, there are some high tent-poles keeping the team afloat.

Yeah, that was a mixed-metaphor from hell.

Want some coverage and philosophy on this year's lottery? Here ya go. 'Course, the guy writing is saying that Tim Duncan is the best player in the NBA, so take what you want with that.

There are some good players in the draft this year, but it's not nearly as good as some of the recent drafts. There's this coverage on Essence Carson, however. Depending on whether GMs will take her stats at face value or will instead look at her contributions to a team remains to be seen. She could go top 3 or last until near the end of the first round. Don't trust my analysis, however; I don't get hockey drafts right, and that's a sport I know something about.

That's all I got. Peaceful in October, ain't it. Speaking of which, where the hell did the month go? Damn...

See ya, Space Cowboy...

No comments:

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter