A New York Liberty Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No Today like Tuesday


See that guy near the front? That's me!"

So, I want to say that I got laid off of my job. In a nutshell, what this means (besides lots and lots of ramen noodles in my near-future) is that I won't be able to update this blog as regularly (or irregularly) as I have in the past. I'll still do updates, so don't get your panties in a bunch, but I can't make promises as to their frequency and update until I have secured another job.


Okay, now that the depressing part is out of the way, let's get onto the regular update...

The Liberty have their "Theme Night" Schedule up. Nothing too spectacular there. Just the usual.

There's this full article on Shay Doron up on the Jerusalem Post. I know there's more than a few Doron fans who read this site, so go there and get off my back. I like her, too, but come on. There's only so much news I can bring you about her without learning Hebrew.


I only speak two languages: English and Bad English!

For personal appreciation, this goes to the top of my list. Janel McCarville? On ice skates? That just put her bad-assness off the charts.


An aftershock could be felt as far away as Virginia.

AROUND THE LEAGUE...

CBA turmoil. For those without index fingers or who are too impatient to click the link: teams can't sign players until the new deal is reached.


Storm fans are getting back into the swing of things. It always puts a pep in my step when I read stuff like this. Until I remember that the dollar is crashing and the economy is in the toilet. Then I just down some valium and I'm fine.

The new Atlanta franchise is doing well for itself... so far. 1,500 season tickets have been sold so far, which is good, especially considering the time frame. It's not all peaches and cream, however, as sooner or later, their going to have to make due with the scraps of the rest of the league and, you know, actually play a game.

All right. Until the next time I am able to post...

See ya, Space Cowboy...

No comments:

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter