A New York Liberty Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year '08... Kind of...


Back again. This time, in style!

Yeah, I've been gone for a while. I was busy with work and writing, and then family time and the holidays came, meaning that it was a hell of a time getting things together enough for an update, but I'm here now, and hopefully the ten of you that have stuck around will keep it real enough for me as we ramp up for the season.

I'm thinking of doing a 2007 Year in Review, but then again, I kinda covered that territory already. Thoughts? If I do it, it won't happen until next week. I'm just trying to get back on the saddle with this whole blogging thing again.


It's like I've regressed to some earlier, more primitive state.

Rebecca was kind enough to comment on the whole "cutting out 300-400 sections for season ticket holders" thing, and like I thought, people are getting boned. Hard. If anybody has a different point of view, or has some evidence to back up this hypothesis, please post here.

Essentially, this post is to remind all of you that I am, in fact, alive and still updating this blog. Readership has dropped precipitously and while I don't do this blog to be popular or anything (A WNBA blog focusing on a single team that is currently screwing over their fan base? What's more popular than THAT?), I just wanted to say that I'm here and will be updating more in the future.


Where we're going we won't need roads...

In terms of the news front (that is, the reason you are all here), I have a couple pieces to share...

A while back, the Libs launched their own blog. More publicity? Great. Not linking to your own blog in the article? Not so much.

Blazejowski has some damage control going on over on the main site. I'm actually surprised that she called out Shameka Christon and Tiffany Jackson for being inconsistent. Not that she's exactly WRONG, but there's a lot of blame to go around for a sub-.500 season, and trading away a popular player that won the MVP in the west only to draft a player that was never played... well...


That's pretty thick-headed.

For all of you Shay Doron fans out there, she updated on Liberty Hoopla about her various goings on. There was no mention of her wanting to strangle Pat Coyle, but if you read between the lines, you can see the rage.


Hell hath no fury like a player benched.

There's more, but right now, I need to split. I'll update soon, coo'?

See ya, Space Cowboy...

No comments:

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter