A New York Liberty Blog

Monday, November 26, 2007

Back in Black


Thankfully, I fought my gut to a draw.

Yeah, I'm back. Sorry for the long delay, but there has been a lot of craziness going on thanks to Thanksgiving and various other developments. I can heartily say that turkey day was good and that much, much tasty bird was eaten.


This mofo didn't stand a chance.

In anycase, I am back on the scene, and despite not that much happening (or at least, not much which I can find links to), I am going to keep up with the updates. Those who thought that I was down for the count, beware.


Gird thy loins for battle.

A bit about Shay Doron’s former college team, the Terps, and the recruits of the future. Seems like Maryland can't quite find the mojo that the Hebrew Hammer brought to the team. My suggestion? Raid Israeli basketball camps.

Kraayeveld is keeping busy. Here are some articles on her games, all in french. Mr. Jenkins (my Junior High French teacher) would throw chalk at me should I even TRY to butcher these pieces of journalism, so you're on your own.


Good teacher, killer arm.

Here’s a list, courtesy of the Libs’ site, with all of your favorite lasses who’ve been in the top ten of any category during the WNBA’s existence. Stunning, and looooooong.

Andy Awieda, CEO of the Comets, has resigned. This isn’t necessarily a bad turn – for all we know, he could have just gotten bored and wanted out – but it doesn’t exactly ring bells of endorsement for the team either. The Comets are one of the most successful (both financial and on the court) teams in the WNBA, and having a CEO just resign, almost out of the clear blue, should not fill anyone with any sense of hope.


Unless you take pleasure in the demise of the WNBA.

Vote for your favorite WNBA photos of the 2007 season. Some are nice, some are corny, some are hot... I don't know where I'm going with this.

Some words of self-gratitude from the Ministry of Information. Okay, that may be a bit harsh. Donna loves her the turkey, and I can't fault anyone who loves that bird. So, in recognition of that, there will be no jokes at Donna's expense until... the new year. Think of it as an early Christmas gift.

Seattle should buy the Storm (and the Sonics), or so says the Seattle P-I. It's a heady idea, and not exactly unique, but unless there is some significant action on part of the populace, coupled by a favorable court ruling that would force Bennett to sell, I doubt much can happen on this front. I guarentee, however, that Bennett doesn't give a shit about the WNBA. An effort by a grass roots organization and/or the city to buy the Storm is not that far-fetched. I'll keep you posted.

That's all I got, folks. There will be at LEAST one update this week, probably more like two. If anybody's got some Lib news out there, let me know. I'm faltering over here.

See ya, Space Cowboy...

No comments:

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter