A New York Liberty Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

To Do List

So here are the things that are going to be done in the off-season.

  • Finish the final Liberty Belles and Nicknames (I know, I know... I promised this a while back, but since the Libs have been ousted, I just haven't found the energy and time.)
    Post a Season in Review.
  • Post a "Thoughts on a First Season Essay"
  • Update random comings and goings in the league, including (hopefully) information on what our gals are doing over-seas.
  • Take down all hot-links and replace with pictures (this is going to go slowly, probably about two or three a day, at max)
  • Clean up the site; repair broken links, update sidebars, etc.

As you can see, this is not a very extensive list. I have about maybe a dozen or so hard posts that I must do, and the rest is up to the hands of fate. If there is a lot of news, then I will post often. If not... well, we'll see how it goes.

I will be posting at least once a week, probably more like two or three times. However, I won't be posting everyday. There just isn't a need for it, and there's only sometimes I would be able to say "Ho Hum. Nothing much going on today, is there? Who likes Women's Basketball?"

In an ideal scenario, I will be posting Monday, Wednesday, Friday, with maybe an occasional post in between those days. Depending on the amount of news, however, this might be a bit optimistic. I'll be posting essays every once in a while, and in a best-case scenario, I'll do an in-depth preview and follow-up on the draft. Any major comings and goings will be reported here, but if you're looking for major news, you're probably better off scanning the league's official site.

It's been a great ride. I'll go into more of that on Thursday, in my main essay.

AROUND THE LEAGUE...

Paul Westhead, fresh off coaching the Mercs to their first championship, has been offered an assistant coaching position for the Seattle (Super)Sonics. I gotta say, it must be a tempting offer. Who knows?

Temple fans will find interesting stuff here. Those who aren't (which is 99.9999967% of you)... well, it's vaguely interesting otherwise.

Wrap-up of the season courtesy of Donna Orender and the Ministry of Information. It touches on a lot of topics: attendance/ratings increases, the new CBA, the potential for disruption next year due to the Olympics, and more. In maddening fashion, however, nothing is "really" discussed but only mentioned. Thanks for clearing the air, Donna.

Until tomorrow, then?

See ya, Space Cowboy...

No comments:

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter