No photos today. Just down to basic basics. That and I'm lazy and have WAY too much to do. I know, I know; that's my usual battle-cry. But for now, just forget about it. It's been TOO long of a stormy late-summer workday.
The Libs have a couple of nice things up on their page. Check out their by-the-numbers feature. It's a cool bit of news that, while little more than an appetizer, can at least put down your Liberty-driven hunger for a few moments. Or can it? Can you handle a few days without the Liberty in your life? I know I can't. I have daydreams of Erin Thorn hitting a long three and then Davenport making some Mystic player look foolish, or maybe even shame the Sky for ever coming into existence. That, and then Martina Weber gets into the game, and...
But I digress. Also take a look at what the Libs will be up to during the off-season. English news is hard to get (let alone actual coverage), so my coverings will be a bit hit-or-miss, but hopefully, I'll be able to catch up with some of these ladies.
The Official Site is also doing player-by-player reports. Dutch is up first. It's little more than propoganda, but it's nice to have some coverage and to see some actual coverage of the Belles.
Trenton is going to be the home of a game between the U.S. Women's Senior National Team and Australia. Tickets start at 10 bucks and are going to feature a whole slew of WNBA stars. Check it out. I won't be going, because 1.) I don't have a car, 2.) Paying to go to Trenton on the train is not my idea of a good time, and 3.) I'm busy that day. But, check with your Liberty friends and see if they want to go.
What's your favorite moment from the season? Tell the Libs. If it involved The Libertine in any way, shape, or form, make sure to ask if I can get a press pass for next season.
That's it, oh faithful few. You know what tonight is. Watch Game 3 on TV tonight, or better yet, get a bunch of friends together, bring some quality brew, and watch it together. My suggestions for a cold, rainy night?
- Anything by Magic Hat. Number 9 is a strong, slightly hoppy, apricot-tinged pale ale. Circus Boy is a nice Wheat Beer that is a little more tame than Hoegaarden, but also infinitely more quaffable. Speaking of which...
- Hoegaarden. A Belgian Witbier. Whenever someone tells me that they "don't like beer", I give them this and they love it. Sweet, but not overly so, with strong coriander and orange flavorings, as well as a couple light seasonings that I can't quite put my finger on.
- Heineken. If you're going to go the commercial route, go with this brand.
- Anything by St. Peter's. If you can find it, tremendous brew.
- Dogfish 60-Minute IPA. A great brewery with a spectacular India Pale Ale. Hoppy, strong, and intensely flavorful. Go for the 90-Minute IPA if you're more adventurous.
See ya, Space Cowboy...