A New York Liberty Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Short Update - Brief Internet Connection - Libs in the Playoffs - Spontaneous Cheering Mandatory

Sorry about the lack of updates, but unfortunately, I've had zero internet access until this point. I'm paying five bucks for fifteen minutes, and I won't be able to get back on for another few days, so I have to be brief and to the point.

We all know what happened. The win over Connecticut. The win over Chicago. The post-season slot. It's all here, it all happened, thanks to the Libs coalescing at the right time.

Now we're going up against Detroit, the top team in the league, but also a team that we have beaten twice (both in squeakers). It's going to be a rough series, but if we can manage to play like we have in the past two games, we'll be fine. Detroit is the 800-pound gorilla, but confidence can wreck a team. Sports History is full of big teams going in, confident in their success, and losing to the underdog. Yankees-Pirates, 1960. Tyson-Douglas, 1990. I can go on and on. The Libs can allow themselves to be longshots, or they can grip the bull by the balls and rip 'em a new one.

I won't be able to cover most of these games, but fear not. I will return next week at the latest. orry this isn't more full. Once I get back to New York, I will be doing full recaps on the games that I miss. I'm having a fantastic time down here, and since it was my birthday today, I thought I'd update since I had the opportunity. My only regret is that I wasn't able to see the Libs secure their spot. But I was cheering from here.

Keep it up, you classy Libs fans. I'll get back to you soon.

ERROR NOTES


A helpful reader, Kevin Hyslop, pointed out that I made two errors and I would like to remedy that situation. I had said that the Mystics magic number was 1, but it was in actuality 2, as proven by the games that we played. Secondly, they did start 0-8, as he says, although I had reported 0-7 (based on another article, even though I had been following all season).

Until I can get more time?

See ya, Space Cowboy...

No comments:

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter