A New York Liberty Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Special Report: Detective Dumbass on the Scene


In place of your scheduled update, here is a mystery...

So, here's something. It's the Season Ticket pricing plan for the 2008 Libs. Notice anything different?


The 300-400 level seats are gone.

Now, the 400 Level seats, I can dig. I went to about ten games last season, and I saw exactly two people up in those seats (I thought they were having sex, but that just might be my overactive imagination). So, losing the 400 level seats is not a big deal. I still think the Libs should sell those seats for $1-5 dollars, but I didn't get a business degree, so what the hell do I know?


But the 300 seats?

Maybe I'm wrong. I've only followed the Libs for a season, and that was just from the first game one. Faithful Lib season ticket holders, let me ask you this; do the Libs open up the 300 level seats later in the season? Or is this a new thing?

Because if this IS a new thing, then I'm not too keen. Sure, it's essentially a re-organization of the ticket prices, with some going up and some going down... but what about people like me who don't want to sit in the endzones? Hey, I make a decent salary (especially now that I sold a book), but I was expecting to buy $10 season tickets. And now, unless I want to sit behind the baskets, I have to pony up more? At a time when attendance is going down, and down, and down.


That dog don't hunt, mon-seen-yoor.

I can understand why the Libs are trying to consolidate the crowds into the lower bowl. The WHA did that back in the 70's to make it seem like more people were at games. What I don't understand is that if they are still going to sell gameday tickets in the 300 section, why not sell season tickets? Is this being grand-fathered in or what? Any help?

See ya, Space Cowboy...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sorry I'm late to the party- I have fallen woefully behind in my reading.

300s will only be opened if they sell out the rest of the arena, this is new for this year, it is completely NOT cool and our FFO got ripped a new one for it to the point where Blaze's right-hand woman came on Rebkell's to try and explain things.

The worst part is that the hit goes after the cheap seats the worst proportionally. The only way I could convince my boyfriend to stick with our seats on Baker Street (221, row B, what else would *you* call it?) was to pony up the price differential myself. We are *not* amused.

I'm more pissed that they're cutting down on fan/player interaction, something that started happening last year. That's one of the things that sets the WNBA apart from the NBA. If they've put up the chart of season ticket holder perks... fabulous stuff if you have the good seats, very very little for the masses.

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Libertine uses logos and registered trademarks of the WNBA to inform fans (and the public at large). Not all photos on the rest of the site, however, are used with permission. If you own a specific image on this site, and want it removed, please e-mail The Writer (stf210@hotmail.com, but please include "Libertine" in the title; otherwise, it will be deleted) and he will be more than happy to remove it, with apologies. The Libertine is a non-profit blog.

Counter